Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Scarlet and Violet London

Fresh flowers in our home feel like such a luxury. I'm drawn to beautiful, rustic posies that look like they've been pulled from the garden that morning - bright, vivid colours or muted, watery pastels I don't mind as long as they look natural.

A recent discovery in our local library confirmed my love of pretty, wild arrangements and lead me to make a discovery on a trip to London.

Vic Brotherson's book Vintage Flowers is a joy - the art direction, interiors styling and floral arrangements are all beautifully designed and give a real flavour of Brotherson's approach to floral styling. Vintage vases, botanical pictures, antique vessels are thoughtfully curated to give lots of inspiration for amateurs like me [although if I sneak anymore jam jars and old jugs into our house I'm sure my husband will have words!].

I was in London recently for a brief Christmas shopping trip so decided on a whim to go to Vic's shop, Scarlet and Violet in Kensal Rise. It felt a little bit like a pilgrimage out of town but was well worth the journey as the shop was over flowing with all the props and flowers that stuff the pages of the book.

They very kindly let me take some pictures so I thought I would share them here with you. If you're in London, the shop is well worth a visit or for a special occasion you could always order some flowers, and for those out of town or elsewhere around the world you could always ask for the book as an early christmas present.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...