Sunday, 7 October 2012

Weekend Project: Bedside Table

Our home is full of second hand furniture we've picked up through the years. Some of it is left as-is to look happily vintage, whilst some of it gets painted and the handles changed [Zara Home and Anthropologie have the best selection of handles]. 

The furniture in Noah's room is painted white and this little unit fitted perfectly with his scheme once I'd painted it and changed the handles. It needed a sand down before painting, I prefer the look of a matt finish but it depends entirely on your taste. The yellow paint was a small pot I'd picked up on a discounted shelf in the sales. These smaller pots can be useful and I'll pick up a pot if I see it for a few pounds. The box files are from Ikea and happily now store Noah's collection of comics and magazines.

Do you customise your furniture, and how successful are your projects? 




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...