Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Noah's story corner


I am a great fan of reinvention - I think everything can be reworked and recycled for a new or different purpose. Of course I'm also referring to myself! My new life has taken a little getting used to, but I think it fits me quite well now.

So I was very pleased with my old nursing chair that I recently had recovered. It is very expensive getting furniture reupholstered professionally, but I think the results are worth it. I stupidly forgot to take a picture of the chair before so you'll have to imagine a very shabby faded grey floral fabric looking very worn in places. I'm sure Rachel Ashwell would have loved it as it was, but I wanted a statement piece for the living room, something a little more striking and bold, so went with the yellow and smoky grey piping.

I was inspired by the living room of J Crew creative director Jenna Lyons, whose home has been featured in all the stylish interiors magazines and blogs, like Domino and Living Etc. Her gorgeous butter yellow sofa looks really striking against the cool grey walls of her sitting room.




Pictures from aphrochic

The new chair sits well in Noah's little reading corner and is just the right height for him [and Woody!].







2 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous. Lucky boy. Just found your blog - it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely message! I popped over to your sweet blog too - love the Gina shoes - they remind me of a pair of Jimmy Choos I once owned ; ) xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...