Monday, 19 September 2011

Cushion love!

After my last post, I realised I'd missed out one of my great collections; cushions.

Now my other-half struggles with this one too [as you can tell we don't see eye to eye on alot of things!]. He doesn't see the aesthetic or actual comfort appeal of another over-stuffed cushion on the sofa / bed, but I just think - well, you can't have too much of a good thing, right?!

A cushion is a really cheap, easy way of adding a new colour accent to a room, it creates more warmth, comfort and in the right fabric, glamour!

My latest find was a bargain from TK Maxx but like alot of my TK-finds looks alot more expensive. The yellow accent picks up on my new yellow chair, and the purple references the coloured light fitting in the room.


This picture from Pottery Barn shows just how clashing coloured cushions can create a really striking effect in a room.


So I thought I'd share some of my favourite cushions - some are affordable, and some are pure fantasy, but they would all make a really striking statement in a room!

Clare Nicolson for notonthehighstreet.com


Ben de Lisi for Debenhams, £23


Lizzie Allen black cabs cushion at Liberty, £79


Marrimekko at Heals, £55

Alice Temperley for The Rug Company, £495 [yes really! For a cushion - I know!]





2 comments:

  1. Love the 1st and 2nd pic the best. I'm also really into Pendleton pillows/blankets. Gorgeous colors and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That TK Maxx cushion was a great find.....I love pottery barn and I am so glad that they now ship to the UK.

    I really like your blog and am now following..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...