Thursday, 17 March 2011

Vintage Home Sheffield


I'm so lucky to have such great shopping on our doorstep, I'm never short of inspiration.

One shop in particular always catches my eye when I drive past - Vintage Home in Sheffield. Apparently it's become abit of a talking point locally too - with a dramatic mirror in the current window being a talking point at the local school gates!


Chris and Julie who own the shop have a brilliant eye for dressing the window with an eclectic mix of vintage furniture, striking artwork, and new nick-nacks that I can always see fitting into our house. The vintage furniture is well chosen and beautifully restored or updated with gorgeous Farrow and Ball colours.

Julie manages to cleverly mix both quirky and traditional English designers like Jan Constantine, and Fairmont and Main Pottery from West Yorkshire, with pretty vintage inspired Danish designers like Lisbeth Dahl.




This is one of my pick of the 'best little independents' - over the next few months I'll be championing more - drop me a message if you have any suggestions of local independent shops that inspire and enhance your neighbourhood.


7 comments:

  1. Ooooo, this looks so inviting. I really like your photos.... would like to explore your neighbourhood and go shopping now ;-)
    Cheers,

    Tesca (fellow BYW student)
    http://wohnwasabi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely... and well done on the photos, they look great. I hope it's OK, but I'm going to put you on my blogroll over at Mama & The Monkey... I really like your little blog.

    Angela xx
    (BYWer)
    http://wickerandstitch.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tesca and Angela - it's a work in progress but I'm loving the course - so much to take in. Just hopped over to your blogs and had a mooch around - lovely too! Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tour. I wish I lived nearby. It looks like my kind of store!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post :) I just stopped by from BYW. I'll be keeping an eye on your blog in the future. Have a nice Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always a treat to see new places in different cities! I really like your header- I'm a mom to 2 boys and it feels like they're "in tow" often!
    Bye for now, I'll be sure to stop by again soon!
    Megan (BYW)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you put this post together! And yes, you are definitely lucky to have this cute store so close to you... I would love to check it out!! I'll be back to see more of your posts when I'm feeling better!

    Shari (BYW)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...