Sunday, 27 March 2011

Netheredge Farmers Market in Sheffield

It was the spring market here in Sheffield today and although the sun wasn't shining there was so many beautiful flowers that you couldn't help but have a smile.

As always I was totally inspired by the creativity in the city and some of the great things that people are doing off their own back, here are just a few of my favourites and some of the gorgeous flowers that lifted my spirits on a pretty cold March day.

Lianne Mellor creates pretty, delicate fine bone china tea cups and saucers, cakestands and other homewares that are illustrated with her own quirky designs. It reminded me of Beatrix Potter but with a modern twist, just lovely!













Elegant Icing [elegant.icing@gmail.com] had the most incredible giant Easter Eggs each hand made and designed with bright colours and delicious icing - I wanted to eat the lot.


Nuada Accessories were really bright, and fun, and the bold colours were just perfect for this spring time.




And the Millthorpe nursery in Derbyshire always has a lovely selection of plants and decorative touches for the garden. Like little birdboxes painted in heritage colours, and wooden trugs that would look lovely in a vintage inspired garden.








4 comments:

  1. Great photos... I felt like I was there! Really love that gorgeous teacup in the first image.

    Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your photos, but I must tell you that I am crazy for ranunculas, so it's no surprise which one is my favorite. Warmly, Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you had a lovely stroll through the market.. your photos are so pretty. I'm inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are beautiful, love them! I was at university in Sheffield and I don't remember it being as beautiful as that ;-0 Maybe I should take a trip back...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...