Monday, 24 January 2011

Spring...

When daisies pied, and violets blue,
And lady-smocks all silver-white,
And cuckoo-buds of yellow hue
Do paint the meadows with delight,

William Shakespeare

I can't wait... I can feel the warmth slowly creeping back into the air. The sun seems to be that little bit longer in the sky, thank goodness. I'm so looking forward to the long evenings and more days spent outside enjoying our beautiful surroundings.

Here are a few things that have caught my eye lately and reminded me that spring is just around the corner.

A great vintage Blumarine dress that has been languishing in the back of my wardrobe and my favourite Jaeger London crocheted jacket.


Some lipstick pink Hyacinths my Mum kindly bought me that are beginning to flower, filling the house with their sweet smell.


Gorgeous vintage inspired fashion pictures. Tim Walker for British Vogue:


Mario Testino for American Vogue:


Gilles Bensimon for US Elle:


Annie Leibovitz for Vanity Fair:


And the brilliant Domino Book of Decorating - a perfect Christmas gift from someone who knows me too well:


Rosie's Boudoir in Scarborough - the most inspiring vintage shop I've been into in a long time. Full of the most incredible finds that would make anyone look like a Hollywood star if they wore one. I could have spent a fortune!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...