Friday, 28 January 2011

More of the karma...


I realised recently that I have been blogging plenty about the 'cupcakes' but not much about the 'karma' lately. Not since last new year when I blogged about my Grandad and the year ahead. Looking back now it has a different poignancy as Grandad past away last summer.

I never did make the course in London and my business that I was putting so much energy into this time last year finished after it began to be a strain on our already limited financial resources. So not quite the year I had anticipated, and yet I feel like I learnt alot about life and myself through making choices and yes, through making mistakes.

I made a very important decision to put my son first and put my own ambitions aside for the time-being. Of course I would love to have my own business one day and I am planning to learn new skills and experience new things at every opportunity, but for now I am enjoying seeing Noah experience new things every day, and teaching him the skills that I hope will be so important for him in the future.

I have followed my heart and taken a step back to 'enjoy the moment' with Noah - for now. I figure there will be plenty of time for planning my future working life in the years to come while Noah is at school, university and creating his own life.

An important part of this process has been rediscovering my love of yoga and I have also begun meditating. The hardest part of being a full-time Mum was trying to find space in the day to switch off, or focus on myself. I often felt that life was running away from me, and I was struggling to keep up, so learning to meditate and practice yoga again has given me a renewed calmness and focus. Yoga is about making positive, considered choices, and everyday it is helping me to make positive, considered choices in my life and with Noah.

For more information on yoga I'd recommend Yoga Journal as a good starting point. I've also started reading Loving What Is by Byron Katie about accepting what really is, over what your mind tells you about a situation, a valuable tool in raising an energetic 2 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...