Monday, 22 February 2010

Oh to live here...



I'm constantly looking for ideas and inspiration when it comes to interior design. Especially with our imminent move to, what we've dubbed; The Ugly House. I could happily spend hours looking through my favourite blogs [some of them are listed to the right], and poring over Living Etc.

So when a friend posted some gorgeous pictures of her house on FB I had to share them as I thought they were so beautiful and inspiring.

Lisa Valencia is a brilliant and talented make-up artist but she obviously also has a flare for design too.

If you'd like to share pictures of your home on-line drop me an email!

Lisa describes how she put together pieces from her travels around the world for work with smart highstreet and ebay finds, against a rich backdrop of Farrow and Ball colours.


"THE RED WALL HANGING IS A FEATHER HEADDRESS THAT I BOUGHT IN SOUTH AFRICA, THE 1950'S AEROPLANE SEATS WERE BOUGHT FROM A JUNK SHOP, I THEN GAVE THEN A GOOD CLEAN AND HAD THEM REUPHOLSTERED IN A LINEN TICKING.


THE WOODEN OARS, I PAID £4.00 FOR THEM AT A CAR BOOT SALE."




"THE BEDROOM CURTAINS ARE FROM LAURA ASHLEY, AND THE BED IS A FRENCH ANTIQUE THAT I BOUGHT FROM EBAY.


THE DUVET COVER AND CUSHION ARE BOTH ANTHROPOLOGIE."



"THIS LAMP [BELOW] IS A HOLLYWOOD REGENCY STYLE LAMP, I BOUGHT IT FROM AMERICAN EBAY AND THEN HAD IT REWIRED, IT'S AN ORIGINAL 1940'S PIECE.


THE WHITE FEATHER WALL HANGING IS AN AFRICAN FEATHER HEAD DRESS I BOUGHT BACK FROM CAPE TOWN.

THE CROSS I BOUGHT IN MEXICO AND THE OIL PAINTING WAS A BIRTHDAY GIFT FROM MY FRIEND."




"THE SOFA IS FROM MARKS AND SPENCERS, COVERED IN DESIGNERS GUILD FABRIC,

BOTH EBAY PURCHASES. I NEVER BUY NEW SOFA'S IF I LIKE THE SHAPE. I ALWAYS HAVE THEM REUPHOLSTERED IN MY FAVOURITE FABRIC.


THE CURTAINS ARE BY SANDERSON AND THE WALLS ARE PAINTED IN FARROW AND BALL BLUE GROUND.




THE WALLPAPER [BELOW] IS MATTHEW WILLIAMSON FOR HABITAT, I BOUGHT THE JEWELS AND JUST STUCK THEM ON.

THE FLOOR LAMP WAS A GIFT FROM MY MUM. THE CHESTERFIELD, IS GREAT WHEN YOU HAVE CHILDREN AS THEY CAN JUST JUMP ALL OVER IT. I BOUGHT IT FROM EBAY AND USED, WWW.SHIPLY.COM, TO HAVE IT COURIERED.


THE UNION JACK CUSHION WAS FROM EBAY, THE SEQUIN CUSHION IS FROM MONSOON, AND THE FRENCH BULLDOG CUSHION, IS BY BEN DE LISI FOR DEBENHAMS.


THE KNITTED CLOCK ON THE WALL IS FROM ANTHROPOLOGIE, THE ARMOIRE WAS AN EBAY FIND, AND THE WALLS ARE PAINTED IN FARROW AND BALL JAMES WHITE.


THE CHANDELIER, IS FROM EBAY."




THE MIRRORED ARMOIRE WAS AN EBAY FIND, THAT I PAINTED IN F&B JAMES WHITE, AND THE

BLANKET ON THE CHESTERFIELD IS FROM TK MAXX.



"THE CONVEX MIRROR IS FROM LAURA ASHLEY, THE WALL'S ARE PAINTED IN F&B ELEPHANTS BREATH.


I DECIDED ON A WHITE WOOD BURNER, TO GIVE THE ROOM A MORE CONTEMPORARY FEEL."





THE CHEST OF DRAWERS [BELOW] WERE A DARK HEAVY WOOOD, BUT A GREAT SIZE, I BOUGHT THEM FROM EBAY AND THEN JUST PAINTED THEM IN FARROW AND BALL CARD ROOM GREEN.


THE BEDROOM WALL'S ARE PAINTED IN F&B, ELEPHANTS BREATH. THE MIRROR IS FROM IKEA, AND THE

CURTAINS ARE LAURA ASHLEY.



"I FOUND THE ANTLERS IN A JUNK SHOP IN SOUTH AFRICA, THEY WERE MOUNTED ON A UGLY WOODEN PLAQUE THAT I REMOVED."





THIS IS THE SHED/OFFICE THAT WE HAD BUILT AT THE BOTTOM OF THE GARDEN,







"AND THIS IS THE BEDROOM IN MY GARDEN HOUSE/SHED.

THE WALL PAPER WAS FROM COLE AND SON, THE FRENCH BED WAS FROM EBAY, AND THE

BED THROW IS LAURA ASHLEY."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...