Tuesday, 23 February 2010

London and New York fashion week - falling out of love

As usual this time of year I'm following with interest the fashion shows. London Fashion Week is on at the moment and before that was New York, but I've felt that for some reason fashion isn't really exciting me at the moment. Maybe it's motherhood, maybe it's the fact that every spare bit of money is being squirreled away for our impending renovation work, but the collections this year aren't inspiring me as they usually do.

I'm finding a new softness and confidence in my style but most of the designers are going for quite strong, even hard, statements that don't seem to flatter or enhance the wardrobe.

Here are some pieces that have caught my eye. All images are from style.com.

Paul Smith: pretty soft layering with sharp tailored cigarette trousers - wearable and stylish, I can imagine wearing this on a night out, or maybe even for a business meeting.


Paul Smith again - I'm inspired by the clashing prints and mixture of strong, masculine black boots with soft feminine florals, and I can imagine that cute tweed jacket with a great pair of jeans.



Clements Ribeiro, more wearable pieces that I can envision mixing easily with my wardrobe.


Love love love this cardi with the hearts - anything with hearts on gets my vote.



L'Wren Scott, what a pretty way of combining colours, and totally inspired to wear a big scarf over a slim fitting dress. Very luxurious!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...