Tuesday, 5 January 2010

New year...not quite a resolution...

I'm not a fan of new year's resolutions. In the past I've wasted too much energy on trying do things that didn't really... well, fit with my life, so no more. I have however found a new focus in the new year. Not to get too emotional, but my Grandfather is not very well, and I don't think he has long on this world which would leave me with no grandparents.

Lewis and Betty Purshouse

It makes me desperately sad to see him so close to death but has given me a renewed focus on life and my son. I've also given this new focus and energy a resolution twist; to accept life and live more in the moment. I've read Eckhart Tolle in the past, and can really recommend it to anybody caught up in the stress of everyday life. I've rediscovered his philosophies and the importance of living in the moment rather than 'sweating the small stuff'.

We have an exciting new project for the new year, we're buying what we've dubbed the 'ugly house' ripe for an update, which I'll be sure to follow on the blog, and between that and the business, the new year promises to be hectic. But it's all positive stuff, so life is good and I just have to remember that everyday.

Another project I'll be blogging on is a course on letterpress at Central Saint Martins I'll be starting next week. I'm very excited to be learning a new skill at my age!!

For any other Mums out there who've previously worked, I've been following an interesting discussion on 'used to be somebody' blog by a former political editor at the Observer. Join in if you have a moment.

1 comment:

  1. I was just Googling for the Purshouse family and found this post. Lewis and his father were excellent supporters of Rotherham United and the club wouldn't be here today I doubt if it were not for them. The club spent many years in their heyday during the 50's in the old second division.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...