Sunday, 4 October 2009

Classic style

It's been a while since my last post, mainly because I've been so busy chasing Noah around as he's a very confident walker now, but also I'm trying to set up a new business designing cards and prints. Over the next few months I'll be sure to post some examples on the blog so let me know what you think. 

In the meantime I couldn't resist these gorgeous pics from American Vogue by Mario Testino of actress Michelle Williams. 
































What beautiful, simple styling! Classic with a twist, just the way I like it.

Speaking of classic style, I'm a sucker for anything vintage and would much rather buy good quality, second-hand rather than really cheap high-street [I'm not a fan of the ultra-cheap end of the market like Primark!]. So I loved having a trawl through a new vintage website Vintage Deli

I was lucky enough to be staying down the road from the barn that is home to the Vintage Deli collection in Norfolk and had a good old rummage through all the gorgeous cocktail dresses, individual tailored pieces and hippy blouses - a treat for any second-hand magpie like me! 

Katy, who runs the site told me how she finds each piece personally, and I think for a special occasion, like a wedding, you can't beat a beautiful cocktail dress like these from the website below. It's the only sure way that you won't bump into somebody in the loo wearing the same dress!







1 comment:

  1. love the testino pics! good luck with your card and print business, you should see on www.etsy.com but maybe you have alreay heard of it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...