Thursday, 29 October 2009

Children's art

I spend alot of time reading to Noah, he loves looking at the bright pictures in the books and I enjoy watching his delight. Sometimes the books aren't so much fun for me - rubbish stories and bad design make them uninspiring to read. 

I've discovered that one of Noah's favourites is The Hungry Caterpillar and other Eric Carle books. He's one of my favourites now too.


Another illustrator that I've discovered recently is Charley Harper. He was an American artist whose highly stylized drawings of animals were bright, and fun. I think they're perfect for any kids room and still look modern and fresh.




I just love his use of colour in this picture - want a large print of it for our wall!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...