Thursday, 15 October 2009

80s fashion trauma!


I had a rare moment today - I actually sat for a while reading a magazine while Noah dozed in his buggy. It felt quite indulgent, but I had abit of a shock as I flicked through the pages of the mag and saw just how 80s alot of the fashion was! Shoulder pads, jump suits, ok, maybe I can deal with but crop tops - spare me! 

So here is my alternative list for those of us in our 30s who can't bring ourselves to do the 80s thing all over again!

Whistles for gorgeous dresses and knitwear, I love this sweater dress that will be so easy to wear for the weekend. I'm a big dress fan at the moment, worn with thick woolly tights [no shiny nylons please!], and my favourite vintage biker boots. This look works with everything from pretty floral dresses, to slouchy sweater dresses.

Dress, £55

Boden for trousers and jackets. I have so many jackets and coats that I could start my own shop, but this one is so tempting...aptly called the Parisienne, £95, and for me it has to be in navy, could be worn with a cute stripy knit or a pretty silk blouse.


Exciting news, a new label has launched called Mint Velvet. It has lovely easy pieces that mix and match. 


Don't hate me for adding this but I have abit of a thing for Tory Burch at the moment. Her collection manages to look up-to-date and classic all at the same time, and to be honest I couldnt even afford to shop her label but I can still look right?! I guess she's my guilty pleasure and this dress would definitely be at the top of my wish list. You could dress it up or down with heels or a cardi and chunky boots - yum!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...